My.FresnoArts.net

Local Social Network for the Arts Community in Central Valley

October is sneaking up on us so fast. OMG, this is the FIFTH ANNIVESARY for The Pink Show arthop at Chris Sorensen's. We will be accepting artwork for this awesome event on OCTOBER 2nd 2010 from noon to three. $10.00 submission fee. All paperwork needed will be available the day of submission and the art will then be hung.

No work or fees will be accepted until that day and must be paid in full. We have lowered the submission amount this year to $10.00 due to the economy. I seriously hope this will be an affordable price.

The show is so fun and with the splash of PINK everywhere, it always looks great!

This year there will be a Chris Sorensen Choice Award and a People PINK Choice Award that will be selected by viewers that attend the gallery between Oct.4th through the 7th. The winners will be announced at the arthop reception October 7th 2010. The reception begins at 5:00 pm and ends at 9:00 pm.

The art must contain PINK somewhere on the piece, all art must be ready to hang and should not be limited to size, but please keep the consideration of other artists in mind. The gallery is fairly large, but we would like to hang all the submissions. There is usually not any rejections from The Pink Show, but if the art contains any unappropiate subject, we will enforce the COMMEN SENSE LAW...please be tasteful. This is a show representing BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH. We will also have parked INSIDE the gallery the PINK RACE CAR owned by Jim Birges. This is a very exciting event.

We will have a big PINK cake and plenty of wine and such to serve to our guests. Hope to see you all there on submission day and again at the arthop.

2223 South VanNess Avenue in downtown Fresno. Just left to the FRESNO arch sign.

Thank you.

Views: 107

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great! I'm already inspired!
Hi,

This sounds like a lot of fun, I have alot of "pink" ideas...I'm curious if there is a maximum or minimum amount of paintings accepted?
Hi, so glad to see some comments, and yes, there is a two min. requirement, oops, forgot to put that in, but if we do not get a full house, I would gladly allow you to submit extras. I am really excited about the show!
Thanks Sin,

Sorry I have more questions. Will the pieces be donated to the show or are they available to the public for purchase?

SIN said:
Hi, so glad to see some comments, and yes, there is a two min. requirement, oops, forgot to put that in, but if we do not get a full house, I would gladly allow you to submit extras. I am really excited about the show!
All art will be available for sale, a 25% donation of each piece should go to our cause. This in place of paying the gallery owner, Chris Sorensen donates the gallery each year for the event. We will give the money to Chris so he can donate it to a cancer facility of his choice in the name of his and The Pink Show. Good question. Sorry I left that out.
I will be in Sierra Art Trails on your day for accepting entries...Can I bring in something a day or two before?
Judy DeRosa
jderosaart@yahoo.com
You may, but please call me at 559 7092263 the day of so I can make arrangements for someone to get this work from you. Thanks so much.
Until you apoligize to the other members of the studio for tagging Chris' gate and defacing a mural, I think it would be best if you stay away from Sorensen's studio and gallery. It is not okay to paint on someone else's property without their permission. and ruining someone's mural, that took many weeks, is unacceptable. An apology to Chris was given and accepted, but that does not make your actions ok. Please do not submit work to our studio.

BUBBIE "the teradactol" DANGER said:
can i submit something

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support the Arts

FAC Sponsor

Advertise Here

Support the Arts!

If you are interested in having your business promoted in this community, call us at Fresno Arts Council (559) 237-9734.

© 2021   Created by Victor Ramayrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service