My.FresnoArts.net

Local Social Network for the Arts Community in Central Valley

This sounded extremely interesting and it occurred to me there might be a few here interested:

"Hack an IKEA flat pack – a product you buy in a package and have to assemble at home. Make small alterations, or forget the instructions – let your imagination run wild and make something totally different out of it. Then take pictures or make a video and send it in with a brief statement. Tell us what it is, how you made it, and the name of your new product, if it has one. Email your entry to billy [at] bright.nl by Monday 15 September.

The winning design will be exhibited at the 2009 Montreal Biennial, of which Platform21 = Hacking IKEA will be part. It will also be displayed at the BRIGHT stand during Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven, the Netherlands."

http://www.platform21.nl/page/3388

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This should be fun and a great exercise. I am not a stranger to assembling IKEA parts during my early married days. The challenge now is that IKEA is 150 miles away from us. :/body>
Here's a solution:

http://fresno.craigslist.org/search/fua?query=ikea&minAsk=min&a...

(Sadly, I think there used to be an IKEA in downtown Fresno...seem to recall buying a bookshelf there years ago :/ )
That is so funnieee! I LOVE IKEA! I still have many bookcases, tv stands, kitchen gadgets and stuff from when I was single till today. It has travelled with me from L.A. to the Bay Area to Fresno.

Unfortunately, IKEA Glendale is also 210 miles from me and will be a challenge to lug the furniture from there to here..... at such short notice too..... shucks..... man!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support the Arts

FAC Sponsor

Advertise Here

Support the Arts!

If you are interested in having your business promoted in this community, call us at Fresno Arts Council (559) 237-9734.

© 2021   Created by Victor Ramayrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service