My.FresnoArts.net

Local Social Network for the Arts Community in Central Valley

This is just in. I just spoke to Martin from Fresno Economic Development (who's coordinating the VIBE) and he is offering the whole area of Kern Street from the Virginia Hotel alley to Van Ness Avenue as an Arts & Crafts row (incidentally I thought about the same thing last time I visited the VIBE).

The Fresno Arts Council is taking care of recruitment and ensuring that there will be TONS of artists (with their crafts) represented and participating during this event.

Initially, 30 booth spaces are provided, with more depending on the response rate. To participate, you need to do the following:

1. Comment to this discussion with your intent to participate. Please include in your comment what you will be offering on your booth/table. The VIBE is a family-oriented event. It would be great to offer interactive activities to entice visitors (like face painting, clay/pottery, chalk art, portrait drawing, etc...) and/or pass handouts so they could learn more about you and your work.

2. This is once again a first-come, first-serve basis offer so please respond asap.

3. Please do show up with your tent and table and anything that could help you market your artwork/crafts. It will also be great to work together with other artists to share a booth or something. Please use another forum (or use e-mail) to coordinate it with one another.

Here's an image map of where the Arts & Crafts row will be located (and some information on the logistics of the event).

Update 8/18/08: Here's an e-mail from the City of Fresno for VIBE vendors:

Set up time is from 1-3 p.m. (I can be a bit flexible but needs to be as close as possible as there are a tremendous amount of moving parts to this event that need to move like clockwork)

Event time is from 5-10 p.m.

There is no charge to participate but I ask that all art is presentable to the general public as this is a family event.

If you have give-aways, pamphlets, brochures, samples; bring them. The more that the public can get to make this a memorable event, the more of these events we can have. Hands on, interactive opportunities are extremely well received (especially for the younger ones).

On average between 4,000 and 5,000 come out to the event over the course of the 5 hours.

This will be very well attended as it is 1) Heavily promoted on the radio and tv (English and Spanish) 2) Will be attended by the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Chief of Police, 3) Focused on being multi-cultural

Views: 44

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Sure Noah... It's not too late. Just bring your canopy and table and whatever it is you need to promote and get the VIBE visitors going...
Chris,

I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Victor
I take it back.. I just got an e-mail from Martin and the set-up is between 1-3pm.

-v
I would love to participate in this event. Do I still have time to sign up? My husband (Pieter Moerdyk) is a musician and would also like participate. Have all the live acts been booked? Please would you post the details one more time for those of us who are a little slow on the uptake. Thank you. Rattananan K. Moerdyk.
Hi again ,I have T-Shirt with my art on them, mask , painting on wood stuffs and small paintings, carved soap ,Pet and people portrait. I will ask Ole if she wants to share the booth with me. Could you confirm me if I'm in or not? How I can sign up? Just let you know on this discussion?Sorry if I have too many questions because sometime I don't know what's going on.So I try to caught up it.
Everybody that responds to this forum could have a spot (there are 30 spots available). So you are in, as long as you bring your setup (canopy and table, artwork, brochures, etc...). Make sure you read the post above for what works during the event...

That will be cool if you could get Ole to do a showing with you as well. The more peeps the better...

As for the live acts, the City of Fresno books them so I do not have a say about that. Peter could certainly gives us entertainment around his booth when there are no live acts happening at the center stage.
I just saw your body paintings as well. Are you providing body paintings for the kids? Let me know so I could strategically place you in the middle. We would like to have booths that have some interactive features place in the middle of informational booth.

-v
Hello. My name is Brandy Davis. You may have seen some of my work - I paint Native American portraits on feathers. ( or ) Anyhow, I am very interested in participating in the VIBE event to display and sell my work. I will also be doing a feather painting demo throughout the evening. I realize it is short notice, but if I am able to participate please let me know any details I may need. Thank you.

Brandy Davis
Hello Brandy. You will be a great addition to the "Arts & Crafts Row" at the Vibe. Please let me know if you have any questions. If you have problems bringing canopy and table, you could use the Fresno Arts Council's as I am setting one up. Just let me know the times that you are doing a demo so you could post an announcement on the table.

See you there..
Hi Victor,

I just found out about this today. I guess I should be reading posts more regularly. I am trying to get a ceramic friend to share a booth with me - if he will, then I will go. I will let you know tomorrow. Thanks for the opportunity, I really appreciate it.
Hi, Victor.

I talked to Rattanana that we'll share the booth spaec.

Ole
Hello Ole,

See you there this Friday!

-v

RSS

Support the Arts

FAC Sponsor

Advertise Here

Support the Arts!

If you are interested in having your business promoted in this community, call us at Fresno Arts Council (559) 237-9734.

© 2021   Created by Victor Ramayrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service