My.FresnoArts.net

Local Social Network for the Arts Community in Central Valley

College of the Sequoias and Arts Visalia are accepting applications for a group show during Womens History Month in March 2011. 

They are looking for submissions that celebrate women.  The exhibit will coincide with events featuring dance, performance, poetry and art history lectures.

Entries are open to ALL media.

Submissions must include the following:

  • Maximum of 10 images on CD - JPEG format with a minimum of 2000 pixels for longest dimension. 
  • Resume
  • Artist Statement
  • SASE
No late submissions will be accepted.  No emailed submissions will be accepted.  \

Mail above submission information to: 

Matthew and/or Amy Rangel, COS Art Gallery, 915 S. Mooney Blvd., Visalia, CA  93277

Upon acceptance, you will be contacted regarding the handling, shipment and display of your work.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION:  SEPTEMBER 17, 2010

Contact Info:

Amy Rangel
email:  amier@cos.edu
phone:  559-737-4861
website:  www.cos.edu

Tags: art, artist, arts, call, college, history, month, of, sequoias, show, More…the, visalia, women's, womens

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds very cool. I wish I could do it, but I do not have a reliable form of transportation, my car is out of comission as we speak. Some days it starts and others it wont. Yuck.
To be a woman...That is the name of my poem I would like to submit...along with a painting.
Is there carpool?
Well fortunately, the show, itself, isn't until March 2011 so there is plenty of time to see about catching a ride with someone! :) I am going to try to get something made up for this show if our work schedule allows. If I get a piece completed and get accepted you can certainly ride along with me.
Lol, I was thinking it was this summer. OMG. Thanks Debra.
This sounds very interesting. I'm already thinking of submitting a piece or two :)
I am going to ask what is likely a very dumb question.. but I am somewhat knew to some of these submission requirements....

But what is SESE? Thank you!
Would you prefer the resume and the statement in the CD as well, or would you prefer both of them to be printed? Thanks!
Oops, it was supposed to say SASE - Self-addressed stamped envelope : )

Christina R Martinez said:
I am going to ask what is likely a very dumb question.. but I am somewhat knew to some of these submission requirements....
But what is SESE? Thank you!
If it were me, I believe I would print it out on paper and send it along with the CD, but better to ask the contact person: Amy Rengal at this email address amier@cos.edu or call her at 559-737-4861 and see what she says

Erica Rodriguez said:
Would you prefer the resume and the statement in the CD as well, or would you prefer both of them to be printed? Thanks!
I have several paintings from a recent series that I have been working on that would fit well with the theme. Since I often work with recycle, recovered, reused glass panels and windows....some of my pieces are on the heavy side. Due to this, they usually need to be hung via screws to the wall, or a screw/anchor vs. the standard nail. Would this be a deal breaker for hanging at this venue? Please let me know. I am very interested!
Hi - I would contact the gallery and ask them about this. I couldn't find anything in their posted info that said anything one way or the other about weight limits, etc.

The contact person is Amy Rangel email: amier@cos.edu and phone: 559-737-4861. Hope that helps!



Christina R Martinez said:
I have several paintings from a recent series that I have been working on that would fit well with the theme. Since I often work with recycle, recovered, reused glass panels and windows....some of my pieces are on the heavy side. Due to this, they usually need to be hung via screws to the wall, or a screw/anchor vs. the standard nail. Would this be a deal breaker for hanging at this venue? Please let me know. I am very interested!
Hello everyone! So I emailed Amy, and she said to definitely print out the resume and the artist statement as hard copies, but she also said you're welcome to burn them into the CD too. I figured I should share this info to everyone that reads this so she doesn't get a gazillion emails about the same question :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support the Arts

FAC Sponsor

Advertise Here

Support the Arts!

If you are interested in having your business promoted in this community, call us at Fresno Arts Council (559) 237-9734.

© 2014   Created by Victor Ramayrat.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service