My.FresnoArts.net

Local Social Network for the Arts Community in Central Valley

Ok everybody...we are the smartest and most creative people I know...lets figure out what WE, the Fresno Art Community, is going to do for California Art Day!!

Let's figure out something for October 3rd (as that is a Satruday and the day most of the California Art Day events will be held around the state).

Suggestions?

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds wonderful!! The official website for the Reedley Arts Festival should be up and running soon. I will get that info to you as soon as it is...in the mean time...anyone who wants to participate in the Reedley event or wants information just get a hold of me.

I hope your event goes through and is well attended!!
Any musicians out there want to play at the Arts Festival in Reedley?? Still have room for more. Also looking for some more visual arts and readings as well.

Contact me to secure your spot.

tufbutrfly@live.com or 448-7929
Reedley Arts website it up!!

www.reedleyarts.webs.com

Check it out and be sure to sign the guestbook!!

See ya there!!
Good news everyone!!!

We will be having the Fresno Arts Festival on Oct. 3 at Fresno MET's lawn. More details will be announced this week so stay tuned.

Also, I will be working hard to launch the new website of FresnoArts.net and FresnoArtsCouncil.org so look for that as well.

Melanie, hit me up so I could assist you with ReedleyArts ok...

-v
Hello FresnoArts Members,

The Fresno Arts Festival (FAF) is now officially on the planning stage as it WILL HAPPEN. Thank you to Cynthia M. for helping me connect with John English at the MET (and to the FresnoMET Board for collaborating with Fresno Arts Council on such a short notice).

The FAF will happen from 10a - 6p at the FresnoMET lawn. There will be approximately 300-500 people (incl. FresnoMET's patrons) in and out of the area that day. Also, the Fresno Arts Council have decided to hold the CEP Grant Awards Ceremony around 2pm, so CEP Grantees which are mostly local arts organizations leaders and guests will be there.

Here's a quick overview of itinerary:

8ish: Setup of booths/audio
10ish: Opening hour of FAF
12:30is - 2ish: FresnoArts Annual Artists Meetup / Networking / Pre-CEP Awards Reception
2:15: CEP Grant Awards Ceremony
4:30ish: The Pink Show installation of Chris Sorensen sculpture
6ish: End of FAF

What do we want to see in this Festival?

Everything that you could think (imagination? where good at that)... Renaissance costumes, face painting, artists booth, clay mix, music performance every for 15 min. of each hour, poetry slam/comedy, book reading...

THIS IS YOUR FESTIVAL (and FresnoArts MeetUp), and if successful we could do it as an annual event.

The FresnoMET and Fresno Arts Council have agreed to shoulder the cost for this event, so all you have to do is sign up at the Fresno Arts Council office (with Maria Franco) and give a $30 refundable deposit to reserve your booth spot. There are only around 15-20 spots available and are on a first come first serve basis...

For performance artists/groups, bring some fliers as FAC will have a booth where you could place them for self-promotion. Also, please respond to the forum if you are available to perform (even a :15 min segment only).

Please spread the word as we want to have as many artists possible for this event.

Cheers!!

Victor Ramayrat
Community Host
Very interested in the Fresno Met art show on Oct. 3rd. Keep me posted.

Victor Ramayrat said:
Good news everyone!!!

We will be having the Fresno Arts Festival on Oct. 3 at Fresno MET's lawn. More details will be announced this week so stay tuned.

Also, I will be working hard to launch the new website of FresnoArts.net and FresnoArtsCouncil.org so look for that as well.

-v
Hello Rita...

Were you still going to exhibit this Saturday? It's first come, first served basis as to the spots that day. Setup starts at 8am...

-v

Rita Hill said:
Very interested in the Fresno Met art show on Oct. 3rd. Keep me posted.

Victor Ramayrat said:
Good news everyone!!!

-v

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support the Arts

FAC Sponsor

Advertise Here

Support the Arts!

If you are interested in having your business promoted in this community, call us at Fresno Arts Council (559) 237-9734.

© 2020   Created by Victor Ramayrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service