My.FresnoArts.net

Local Social Network for the Arts Community in Central Valley

Ok everybody...we are the smartest and most creative people I know...lets figure out what WE, the Fresno Art Community, is going to do for California Art Day!!

Let's figure out something for October 3rd (as that is a Satruday and the day most of the California Art Day events will be held around the state).

Suggestions?

Tags: Art, California, Day, art, celebration, community, event

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there really going to be a Fresno Arts Magazine?? I think that is so fabulous! Are you putting it together?
Is the Fresno Arts Magazine going to happen and what do we artists need to do to help?
This is something Victor mentioned to me. I do not know the current status.
Hi Melanie!

Are you and Diane from Studio 74 integrating OCT 2 event? Postings are confusing:)
Linda
Hi Linda!

I am confused at your question.
Don't blame you Melanie :)
I see several folks in this whole discussion of OCT @ Event who seem to be spearheading the attempts to have a OCT 2 art event. I have some people interested and I'm not sure who to contact.
Help?
Now I understand =)

I started this discussion to start the brainstorming process for events for California Arts Day. Diane is talking about events in Fresno where I am organizing a week long art festival in Reedley. California Art Day is offically Oct. 2nd, which is a Friday and it would be hard to hold a large single event on that day. Most Art Day events around the state are being held on Oct. 3rd. This years California Arts Day theme is officially 'The Art in Me'. This would be one of the reasons why the Reedley event will last a week. We want to recognize all the different types of art. The Reedley event will have an opening ceremony at noon on Oct. 2nd complete with an art show. The fun will continue until Oct. 8th. Each day will have different art themes. We will have parades, art shows, performances, interactive stuff...lots of fun. So...there is a lot to participate in.

Does this answer your question? Would you like more info?

Just let me know!

Melanie
Melanie,

I would love to be involved in the events for California Art Day. Just let me know when, where, and time and what you need.

Cristina
Hi Christina!

I am glad you want to participate!! It is going to be a fun filled event!

I will be organizing a meeting soon for all those who want to participate in the Reedley Art Festival. I will post the whens and wheres on this string. My email is tufbutrfly@live.com. Send me an email with 'Art List' in the subject line at that address if you would like to be added to an art emailing list which updates on all the happenings for the Art Festival and for other art events that I am working on.

I will talk to you soon!

Melanie
This is a Call to Artists for the Reedley Arts Festival (Oct. 2 through Oct. 8). We are looking for all forms of art...dance, visual, music, poetry, sculpture, graphiti, culinary, glass, jewelry, street/sidewalk chalk, marshal arts...if it is art...we want it to be a part of this Arts Festival.

More detailed information will be coming early next week.

Contact me if you are interested at tufbutrfly@live.com or call me at 448-7929.
Reedley Arts Festival
October 2nd – 8th, 2009

Friday – Opening Ceremony (12:00 – 1:00)
Proclamation by the Mayor
Visual Arts
Music

Saturday – Music (10:00 – 10:00)
Music – various places around downtown
Music – Pioneer Park from 6:00 to 9:00
Artist’s booths

Sunday – Art on Wheels (10:00 – 10:00)
Artist’s booths
Car parade
Graffiti art competition
To stay on display through the Festival

Monday – Movement Arts (6:00 – 9:00)
Dance – many styles
Marshal arts

Tuesday – Visual Arts (6:00 – 9:00)
Paintings
Sculptures
Metal
Gourds
Stone
Wood

Wednesday - Drama (6:00 – 9:00)
Church youth groups
River City Theatre
Skits
Short Plays

Thursday – Culinary Arts (6:00 – 9:00)
Many different dishes to taste

Every day
Visual arts on display at various places
Writer’s Block – Poetry and other types of readings in various locations
Chalk the Walk
Beer and Wine Garden
Attachments:
Hello everyone,

I apologize for having been absent on this planning discussion for weeks now... I tried to get the Fulton Mall for the Oct. 3 Fresno Arts Festival but it's difficult. We are hoping though to work with the FresnoMet to celebrate it on their downtown lawn (Thanks John and Cynthia M.) :)

I have to bring it up to the FAC Board meeting next week and I hope it goes through. With that in mind, we want to get as much artists there as possible --- more interactivity booths the better it would be. We are seeking 15-30 minute performers, so that throughout the day, there will be music.

I am bringing a professional sound system so you could just plug in (or you could also go unplugged).

More details will follow on Wednesday morning, September 16.

Stay tuned...

PS.

Melanie, this will conflict with Reedley's Art Fest for one day, but we will announce the week long festival that day (and in this website too as part of our CA Arts Day celebration)...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support the Arts

FAC Sponsor

Advertise Here

Support the Arts!

If you are interested in having your business promoted in this community, call us at Fresno Arts Council (559) 237-9734.

© 2014   Created by Victor Ramayrat.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service