My.FresnoArts.net

Local Social Network for the Arts Community in Central Valley

I am new to the area and still trying to figure out the art scene here. Does anyone know of a site or source where I can find out for shows or calls for artists in the central valley ?

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are exactly at the right place Tanya. In the past, the FAC have been sending out e-mails through our mailing list. We would like to use this network to do so now,especially that we are requiring Arthop venues to register and post their announcements here, whether they are events or call for artist. This site is just a month old so we should see some progress on the forum use in the future.
Hi Tanya,
Between mindhub and FCASH (Fresno Coalition for Art, Sience, & History) you should be able to keep your calendar full! As Victor mentioned, ArtHop is another fun event which takes place the 1st Thursday of each month. Good luck, and I hope to see you at the events!
I used to be new to this area.(I still feel like I'm new) This is some places from my experiences.

This is free places

Javawava Coffee House 1940 N.Echo(opposite Fresno High) - You have to book the month right now because it is so long line.

Sierra Vista Mall(one day show) (559)-299-5070

La Boulangerie De France ,it the restaurant at Fig Garden. not Arthop .Just show your art for a month.

North pointe Center 6741 N.Palm&Herndon,SW Corner (559)432-9296

I hope these will help some.I don't have that much experience. Anyway I like you work, catched good color.

Good luck to you.
Hi Tanya,

I just got through visiting your website. Wow!!! you do beautiful work. I love your mosiacs.

There are several art organizations that exist here in the valley. Some are tradional based
and others more open to all types of 3D and abstract arts. I'm probably not the best person
to check with but, I do know that the Agriculture show is coming up very soon. I'll send you more
info on the dates and how to enter by tomrrow. The give out pretty good cash awards and ribbons for placements.

There is the SWA (Society of Western Artist) here in the area and Clovis Arts Guild. Both are more
on the representational side but have a catagory for sculpture.

There are others and I'm sure some of the artist in our community can direct you to those that would
benefit your type of art style. At the moment I can't think of any others. You may also want to check with :

Mullins Studio Gallery ...
525 4th Street in Old Town Clovis (one half block west of Pollasky). Clovis, CA 93612.
559.322-0395.
www.mullinsstudio.com

They have a virtual gallery and photograph artwork for many of the patrons here. They are highly professional and great peopleo work with. Ask for Paul or Aarron.

-Dennis Lewis
Thank you so much ! I just bought a new home with a nice studio area. I am hoping to increase my works. The last year has been a little slow as we were in a rental property. I used to love showing in West Virginia. Thanks.
Hi Tanya
By now you must be hooked up with the FAC list, that's a great source. Also on line, is Mindhub, an ongoing discussion that concerns all Fresnans...art venues are sprinkled through it. There are also galleries group shows, the largest one coming up (that I can think of)is the Northwest Artworks show @Northwest Church.
Your work is just beautiful! I
July/August Local Art Events
The Event Calendar is designed to assist artists to find places to show/sell their art and make connections with the local art groups. If you would like your organization’s event posted, submission deadline is the 15th of the month preceding the event. Submit inquires or events to: gaildaley@sbcglobal.net, or fax to 348-0542. Your request must include: date, time, address and contact phone number or e-mail. The Art Calendar is also posted monthly in PDF format at www.gaildaleyfineart.com.

July 1st Art-Tique – Sunnyside Library Gallery2 painting exchange (new exhibitors accepted) at Sunnyside Library (corner of Clovis & Kings Canyon) 10:30 – 11:00 Lea Adams 299-7191 or Gail Daley 960-2428, www.gaildaleyfineart.com e-mail: ArtEventCalendar@gaildaleyfineart.com. Art-Tique accepts all fine art, original computer art, fabric art and fine art Photography. Sunnyside gallery has a hanging system so all art must be ready to hang. D hooks with wire preferred.

July 3rd ACA Downtown Window Gallery1&2 painting exchange(new exhibitors accepted).
Please bring small paintings as well as large. We have a wonderful place to showcase small works of art. Time: 3:30 - 4:30 pm Lea Adams 299-7191 or Gail Daley 960-2428 www.allianceofcaliforniaartists.com

July 5th & 19th FNA (Friends ‘N Art) meetings where artists get together and paint at the Clovis Senior Center. 9:00 a.m. to noon. Mary Louise Newton 455-9821

July 9th CAG (Clovis Art Guild) General Meeting and Art Demonstration. Pat Vaughn (newsletter) patvaughn@netptc.net. 7:00 p.m. Clovis Veteran’s Center, corner of Hughes & 5th Street

July 22nd Art-Tique – The Art Branch2 painting exchange (new exhibitors accepted) at Pinedale Library (San Pablo & Minarets Avenues) 10:30 – 12:00 Lea Adams 299-7191 or Gail Daley 960-2428 www.gaildaleyfineart.com e-mail: ArtEventCalendar@gaildaleyfineart.com. Art-Tique accepts all fine art, original computer art, fabric art and fine art Photography.

Aug 2nd & 9th FNA (Friends ‘N Art) meetings where artists get together and paint at the Clovis Senior Center. 9:00 a.m. to noon. Mary Louise Newton 455-9821

Aug 7th ACA Downtown Window Gallery1&2 painting exchange (new exhibitors accepted). Please bring small paintings as well as large. We have a wonderful place to showcase small works of art. Time: 3:30 - 4:30 pm Lea Adams 299-7191 or Gail Daley 960-2428 www.allianceofcaliforniaartists.com

Aug 13th CAG (Clovis Art Guild) General Meeting and Art Demonstration. Pat Vaughn (newsletter) patvaughn@netptc.net. 7:00 p.m. Clovis Veteran’s Center, corner of Hughes & 5th Street Free to members, Guests $5.00.

Aug 21st Art-Tique – Art InThe Stacks painting exchange (new exhibitors accepted) at Clovis Regional Library1&2. Participating Art groups: ACA, CAG, and FNA. 4:00 p.m. to 6 p.m. Lea Adams 299-7191 or Gail Daley 960-2428. www.allianceofcaliforniaartists.com or www.gaildaleyfineart.com e-mail: ArtEventCalendar@gaildaleyfineart.com. art must be ready to hang. D hooks with wire preferred.

Aug 29th Art-Tique – Sunnyside Library Gallery2 painting exchange (new exhibitors accepted) at Sunnyside Library (corner of Clovis & Kings Canyon) 10:30 – 11:00 Lea Adams 299-7191 or Gail Daley 960-2428, www.gaildaleyfineart.com e-mail: ArtEventCalendar@gaildaleyfineart.com. Art-Tique accepts all fine art, original computer art, fabric art and fine art Photography. Sunnyside gallery has a hanging system so all art must be ready to hang. D hooks with wire preferred.

Aug 30th CAG (Clovis Art Guild) is sponsoring a 1-day workshop with Claudia Fletcher at the Clovis Senior Center.Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., CAG members $35.00, non-members $45.00. Bring your lunch. Payments must be received by August 15, 2008. Send Payment to: Juliana Smith 430 Woodward, Clovis, CA 93612. If you have any questions, please phone Juliana at 323-8496.

On-going opportunities

2nd Sunday Art Hop @ Sierra Vista Mall
An opportunity to sell your work at the Mall. Genie Silva 299-5078

Cedar Clinton’s West Wall Gallery
This is an opportunity for individual artists to show their work in a one-man format (member of 3rd Thursday Art Hop). Contact Mark Thornton 442-1770

Sunnyside Library Meeting Room
Sunnyside Library books about 200 meetings from outside parties a year in this room. This is an opportunity for individual artists to show their work in a one-man format (member of Art Hop 3rd Thursday). Contact Lynn @ 255-6594.

1Must be a member of the sponsoring organization to participate
2No charge to show art

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support the Arts

FAC Sponsor

Advertise Here

Support the Arts!

If you are interested in having your business promoted in this community, call us at Fresno Arts Council (559) 237-9734.

© 2019   Created by Victor Ramayrat.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service